AP PGECET 2016 Instructions to Candidates: Important point to follow apply for Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET) in Andhra Pradesh state. State Level Common Entrance Test for admission into Regular PG Courses in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy (ME / M.Tech./ M.Pharmacy ), Graduate level Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate) for the academic year 2015 – 2016 conducted by JNTU, Kakinada on behalf of A.P. State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), a statutory Body of the Government of A.P.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- Candidates are informed to read AP PGECET 2016 notification completely & understand all the details before applying.
- Candidates are required to apply for AP PGECET-2016 test through Online only (printed hard copy of the applications will not be accepted).
- The application/ registration fee for the test is Rs. 600/- (Rs 300/- in case of SC/ST). In case a candidate wants to appear for more than one test, separate registration fee has to be paid for each test.
- Test is of two hour duration with 120 multiple choice objective type questions, carrying one mark for each question. The cut-off mark in the Common Entrance Test is 25%, in case of SC/ST there is no minimum marks.
- The examination will be held from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon in the morning session and 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM for the afternoon sessions as per the Time Table given in Test Schedule.
- The Question Papers will be in English only, syllabus of each test paper is given at annexure-A
- Candidates must ensure themselves that they have chosen the correct test paper, which qualifies them to become eligible to seek admission to the specific program they are interested in. The details of the courses offered by the Universities along with specified eligibility for each course and test to be written is given at annexure-B. Candidates should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for admission into the preferred program as given in annexure-B.
- APPGECET-2016 will be held at Five different regional centers in the state i.e., Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Guntur, Tirupathi, Anantapuram.
- As per AICTE the eligibility criterion for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy is 50% in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved category). Further, the qualifying degree (Professional courses) obtained under distance mode must have AICTE approval.
- Candidate should satisfy local/non local status requirements as per AP GO Ms No 153.
- The Hall-Tickets are to be downloaded from the website www.appgecet.org. Without Hall-Tickets the candidate will not be allowed into the test centre.
- Separate Notification will be issued for admission based on GATE/GPAT Score.
- A.P. State policy on reservation shall be followed in the PG admissions.
- The candidate can apply for multiple tests. However, separate registration fee must be paid for each test.
- Appearing in the test does not guarantee admission. The candidate has to satisfy all the requirements at the time of admission.